I write Regency and Victorian romantic suspense and contemporary suspense. I try to make my historicals meaty without being didactic. Rules are the bane of my existence. Often those writing rules take me on a journey I did not expect. Ask any writer. I’m a pantster, but I still have to abide by rules such as external and internal goals, motivation and conflict – the stuff that strikes fear into all writers.
I prefer to write psychological suspense with small amounts of action. Don’t get me wrong – I like action as much as the next woman and Suzanne Brockman is my favorite author – but my writing seems to lend itself to the twists and turns of warped minds à la Ruth Rendell and Jeffrey Deaver. Which says something not very nice about me, huh?
And you know what? I’m happiest when I’m writing. Okay – I’m not happy to receive rejections from agents and publishers, but if I’m taken away from the computer for more than a day or so, I get twitchy – very twitchy. And you wouldn’t want me twitchy now, would you? So after an early morning toddle with the dog and a slightly more energetic workout on my own, I creep back to the typist’s chair and hammer out a few more lines.
And I love it.
Pop in again soon, and if you wish to contact me, my business email is email@example.com. Let me know what sort of things you like to read.
- Thank you, Joanna! My books 6 months 1 week ago
- Thanks so much for hosting me 6 months 1 week ago
- Sounds like a fantastic read 6 months 2 weeks ago
- Even though I'm an adult, I 6 months 2 weeks ago
- My granddaughters would love 6 months 2 weeks ago
- Wow! Great concept for a book 6 months 2 weeks ago
- Welcome to my home, Sharon. 6 months 2 weeks ago